Have you ever enjoyed surfing on a stand-up paddleboard? If no, then try using one as soon as possible. Using a paddle board is not only a fun activity but is beneficial for your health as well. Did you know, in the year 2014, almost 21.7 million Americans took part in paddle surfing? This water sport is getting popular day by day with the changing times.
Paddleboard is similar to meditation; if you do it regularly, you will fall in love with this sport. All those who think buying a paddleboard is not affordable; then you are mistaken.
We have selected the eight best paddleboards for under 500 dollars. Read the article and choose the best one according to your budget.
#1 SereneLife Stand Up Paddle Board
SereneLife comes with an inflatable, foldable, easy-to-carry paddleboard. It is six inches thick and is wide enough for people weighing 275 lbs. The maximum inflation limit is 15+ PSI. There is a large bottom fin for better paddling that also helps to surf and control the board.
Features and Benefits
- Hassle-free storage: the stand-up paddleboard is inflatable, which makes it easy to carry while traveling. Ideal for those who love adventure and are on the go. As it is air-filled, it is lightweight and convenient to store by rolling it after use.
- High-quality military-grade PVC construction: The paddleboard uses upgraded PVC, making it very durable. The material is UV protected and is Thermo sealed, which makes it non-slippery. This one is one of the eight best paddleboards under 500 dollars.
- Triple bottom panel: makes the paddleboard provide excellent maneuverability. Anyone of any age can use this gear with ease. It is not only safe but easy to use.
- Size and weight: the gear is 10.6 feet long, six inches thick, and 32 inches wide that makes it perfect for youngsters and elders. When folded, it weighs 19.6 lbs.
- Highly versatile gear as it is available with an all-in-one travel kit.
- It contains a long safety leash of 10.6 feet.
- The paddleboard has a double-layer coating on the sidewalls that makes it strong and long-lasting.
- Space yarn in the board makes the board’s fabric extra supportive and durable.
- The valve is of premium grade that makes it convenient to inflate and deflate the board.
- The bungee cord storage is smaller as compared to other SUP’s mentioned in the article.
[amazon box=”B0892HRPSB” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”SereneLife Stand Up Paddle Board” description=”The paddleboard has a double-layer coating on the sidewalls that makes it strong and long-lasting”]
#2 ROC Inflatable SUP Board
ROC Stand-Up paddleboard is tough and has a dual-layer non-slip deck that uses premium material. It is highly safe for beginners as it has a leash—the side fins and a central fin help improve stability.
Features and Benefits
- The extra-wide design for all-round support: the board is 32 inches wide to provide better balance and stability to the surfer. The paddleboard uses three-layer solid QUAD core PVC material that makes it tough and long-lasting.
- Inflatable and lightweight: the board is inflatable and weighs 17.5 lbs, making it light and easy to carry. It is, however, 20% less in weight than its counterparts.
- Dimensions: The board is 10 feet long and six inches thick and can easily withstand a weight of 300 pounds.
- All in one kit: it comes with a waterproof storage bag, aluminum paddle, a hand pump, and it also has a safety leash that not only makes the gear ideal for watersports but fishing too.
- Military-grade fabric makes it stand-out from its counterparts.
- Ideal for beginners and regular surfers.
- Highly affordable gear.
- With an expansive deck of 32 inches, it is suitable for everyone and also people of heavyweight.
- The design of the board is not eye-catchy.
- Do not move fast in flowing water.
[amazon box=”B079FYRYDK” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”ROC Inflatable SUP Board” description=”the board is inflatable and weighs 17.5 lbs, making it light and easy to carry and is 20% lighter than its counterparts”]
#3 FBSPORT 10’/10.6′ SUP And Yoga Board
With a wide stance and SUP accessories, you can use this inflatable board as a yoga board. It is one of the most stable and robust boards best for surfing, meditation, exercises, and water sports. It has three fins in the bottom that add to making the board safe.
Features and Benefits
- Additional accessories: it has down bungee cords attached to a metal leash that makes it strong enough and acts as a protector of customers’ storage space. The SUP board comes with a paddle made of alloy material, a pump, a carry bag, and an ankle cuff safety leash that makes the gear safe for the surfer.
- Easy to use and safe: the board has three fins that make the board safe for beginners. The larger fin is removable, while the other two smaller ones are not. The fins also make the board easy to maneuver by adults and youngsters.
- Size and material: the SUP board is ten feet long and 30 inches wide; this helps the rider to maintain his/her balance on the board. The board is light in weight and has a strong material that makes the board long-lasting and ideal for weather conditions.
- Versatile: the board is highly versatile as it is not only meant for surfing and adventure sports but is perfect for fishing and touring. You can also use the board for spearfishing in any weather. It comes with an alloy paddle which is lightweight and easy to use. Its lightweight makes it float on water.
- The paddleboard is suitable for paddlers of all skill levels, but they must weigh around 280 pounds.
- The board is highly stable and manageable even by first-time users.
- Durable elastic string on the bungee cord helps store more items while surfing.
- It is long as well as wide enough for doing yoga and meditation on the board.
- Made of single-layer PVC material makes it less long-lasting compared to other boards mentioned in the article.
[amazon box=”B08DHX1HYF” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”FBSPORT 10’/10.6′ SUP And Yoga Board” description=”The SUP board comes with a paddle made of alloy material, a pump, a carry bag, and an ankle cuff safety leash”]
#4 Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana SUP Board
Now make your aqua journey full of excitement and adventure with this Hydro-Force Oceana SUP board. It uses Tri tech, drop stretch material that makes the board stronger than any other paddleboard.
Features and Benefits
- Tri-Tech and Drop stretch material: The material combines PVC and countless polyester threads that make the board highly strong. The material makes the board more stable and makes it one of the eight best paddleboards under 500 dollars. Use it in the ocean, river, flowing water, and more.
- Designed for everyone: the SUP board works for everyone, be it kids, adults, or teens. It provides excellent stability and makes the riders balance themselves conveniently without losing their balance. It can support a weight of 220 lbs with ease. It measures nine feet long, 30 inches wide, and six inches thick.
- Highly Safe: the gear is safe as it has an ankle leash to provide extra stability to the person using the stand-up board. You can quickly kneel if you don’t want to stand on the board. It adds to the comfort and steadiness of the rider.
- Cushioned deck: the deck is cushioned and soft, making the rider ride the board with ease and reducing the number of falls. The deck is non-slippery that too adds to making the board safe for kids and adults.
- The unique feature about the gear is that it comes with a repair kit.
- Cushioned EVA deck is ideal for beginners as it provides extra stability and reduces the chances of falling.
- Two carry handles make it convenient to carry from one place to another.
- It is also great for yoga lovers.
- The SUP board comes with a repair kit.
- Paddles are not available on the board.
[amazon box=”B075723DWS” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”BestWay Hydro-Force Oceana SUP Board” description=”the material combines PVC and countless polyester threads that make the board highly strong”]
#5 FEATH-R-LITE All Skill Stand Up Board
Take your paddleboarding game a notch ahead with this highly durable board. The board also comes along with various accessories making it perfect for a whole-day excursion.
Features and Benefits
- All necessary accessories: the paddleboard comes with a stand-up paddleboard, Pump, ISUP Travel Backpack, waterproof storage bag for storing SUP board, and adjustable paddle.
- Measurement: the paddleboard measures 10 feet long, 30 inches broad and 6 inches thick, and weighs 16.7 lbs. The board is 30 inches broad, making it convenient for anyone of any size to use the SUP. It can withstand a weight of 220 lbs that makes it strong and long-lasting.
- Durable construction: the PVC layer on the board makes the board highly stable and durable. There are three fins attached to the board that keep the board floating on water. The larger fin is easy to remove while folding the board after use.
- The board is of durable and sturdy material that can withstand a weight of 220 lbs.
- The PVC material of the board makes it highly durable.
- Three different sizes of fins make the board convenient to balance on any water still or to move.
- It is one of the lightest SUP boards that are stylish and robust to be used by anyone for any skill level.
- There can be a problem of leakage due to valve design.
[amazon box=”B081DGMXCW” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”FEATH-R-LITE All Skill Stand Up Board” description=”the paddleboard comes with a stand-up paddleboard, Pump, ISUP Travel Backpack, waterproof storage bag, and adjustable paddle”]
#6 Runwave Standup Paddleboard
The board has a high-pressure double-layer valve that makes inflating and deflating the paddleboard convenient. The deck of the board has a pattern that does not make the user fall. Further, it makes the board skid-resistant. With a width of 33 inches and a weight capacity of 325 lbs, it is one of the best paddleboards under 500 dollars.
Features and Benefits
- Multi-purpose: the board is multi-purpose that makes it suitable for surfing, fishing, floating, and spending a day in the water.
- Size: the paddleboard measures eleven feet long, 33 inches wide, and six inches thick. The backpack is of size 40 X16X12 inches. A wider deck provides better grip and helps in balancing oneself while surfing, fishing, and more.
- Safe and durable: the gear is safe as it has a waterproof valve and a long safety leash that makes the user use the board without falling. The board will not get lost if in case the rider falls, the rider can attach it with his/her ankle. The D-ring is metallic, making it strong enough to hold the bungee rope in place. It further helps maintain the food safety of the user.
- The long safety leash and waterproof valve make the gear highly safe and long-lasting.
- The top of the deck has patterns that make it non-slippery.
- Maximum weight capacity of 325 lbs as compared to other SUP boards.
- The valve is small. Thus, it takes a lot of time to inflate and deflate.
[amazon box=”B085MW5SRX” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”Runwave StandUp Paddleboard” description=” the gear is safe as it has a waterproof valve and a long safety leash that makes the user use the board without falling”]
#7 DRIFT SUP With Accessories
This printed board not only looks great but is unique due to its extraordinary features. It is easy to maneuver because it is 33 inches wide and also has bungee rope that holds essential accessories needed while surfing.
Features and Benefits
- Comfortable: the padded deck and soft carry handles make the gear comfortable and easy to use. It has an expansive deck that makes you carry your child or a pet along with you while using the SUP on water.
- Lightweight and portable: the paddleboard is light in weight as it weighs 19 lbs. Though the gear is lightweight, it also has a weight capacity of 250 lbs. It comes with a waterproof backpack that makes it convenient to inflate the board and carry it along while hiking or doing adventure sports.
- Size: the length of the board is 10.8 feet, its thickness is six inches, and its width is 33 inches. It comes with a backpack that measures 38 inches in length, 18 inches in width, and 12 inches is its depth. You can carry almost 29 pounds of weight in the backpack.
- Long-lasting and durable: the military-grade PVC material makes a solid board. The board has many drop-stick polyester fibers attached to the material’s outer layer, making the SUP board solid and durable.
- The SUP board is strong and comes with a substantial backpack that makes the surfing kit durable and long-lasting.
- With a capacity of 250 lbs, the board is ideal for elders.
- Easy to roll-up and store after use.
- As it is an inflatable board, it bounces in rough water.
- It requires more strength of the user to move the board.
[amazon box=”B082MVKLZH” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”DRIFT SUP With Accessories” description=”the paddleboard is light in weight as it weighs 19 lbs. Though the gear is lightweight, it also has a weight capacity of 250 lbs”]
#8 AKSPORT Professional Design SUP
This black and white-colored board has the Logo of AKSPORT written in the center, one of its eye-catchy features. The board is strong and highly durable as it has a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Features and Benefits
- Convenient and safe to use: The non-slippery deck uses high-quality material to maintain its balance when surfing. SUP board is foldable, which makes it convenient to store and carry while traveling.
- Lightweight design: the SUP board is 17 lbs in weight that makes it extremely lightweight. It can withstand weight up to 300 lbs that make the board firm. Its width is 32 inches, length is 10.6 feet, and thickness is six inches.
- Robust construction: the AKSPORT board uses 1000D thread material that makes a solid double-wall coating. 0.9 mm PVC tarpaulin material makes it even more vital.
- The professional-grade board is ideal for beginners due to its resilient body and soft deck.
- Users can maintain balance and stability.
- It works best in calm and flowing water.
- Not as durable as other gears mentioned above.
[amazon box=”B08294N82Z” button_text=”Check Latest Price” title=”AKSPORT Professional Design SUP” description=”the AKSPORT board is made of 1000D threads material that makes a solid double-wall coating”]
What Are The Things To Consider Before Buying A Paddle Board?
Type of board
Are you a beginner? If yes, then maintaining your balance on the board must be your priority. For you, an ultra-lightweight SUP board will be the best. If you are into paddleboarding, then using an all-around stand-up board will be best for you. All those who know this sport well can go for buying performance boards.
Material and size
There are plenty of SUP boards available in the market; therefore, go for the ones that have military-grade solid material. These boards are tough and long-lasting. It is choosing a SUP board that is wide enough to maintain your balance. Please do not go for very longboards as it will be tough for you to maneuver it.
Budget and brand
All the boards discussed above are under 500 dollars. It is for those who are looking for budget-friendly options. Budget can be a constraint for many sports lovers. But choosing a board will be convenient from the SUP mentioned above. Choose a trustworthy brand that promises a warranty of at least one year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before Buying a Paddleboard, What Are Things One Must Consider?
The size, weight capacity, and design of the paddleboard play an essential role. Thus before buying one, you must consider all three factors. Buy a board with greater thickness and width so that you can adjust yourself while surfing. The more comprehensive the board, the better maneuverability you will get.
What Is the Best Way to Stand on a Sup Board?
If you are a beginner, you need to stand in the center of the board. First, get down to your knees and slowly balance yourself and get up. Use the leash for better safety and keep your head in the right direction. Keep your back straights, legs apart, and in a bending position.
What Is the Correct Height of the Paddle While Surfing on a Paddleboard?
Remember to adjust the height of the paddle according to your height. Keep your hands in a bending position, and then use the paddle. Approximately keep the paddle’s height around 80 inches if your height is around 5′ 10 or 11 inches.