You’ve just invested in a new paddle board, and you want to make sure it is safe while you are out on the water. Many different racks can be used for this purpose, but not all will work well with your boat. To find the best rack for your needs, we have compiled a list of our top five choices.
Top 5 Paddle Board Boat Racks
Brocraft Paddle Board Rack for Boat
- It comes in a super-strong aluminum construction
- The cradle area holds paddle boards, SUPs, and surfboards securely
- Heat press, EVA protective foam
The Brocraft Paddle Board Rack made it to this list because of its versatility. This rack can be used on pontoon boats, fishing vessels, and even some small yachts that are not too wide.
It is made of strong aluminum, and it features a cradle area where you can safely place your paddle boards or SUPs without worrying about them falling off the boat or becoming damaged in any way.
The Brocraft Paddle Board Rack comes with heat press EVA protective foam to ensure your boards do not get scratched while being stored securely by this great kayak platform for paddle board.
If you need an impressive rack that will hold more than one board at a time, then we recommend taking a closer look at this product.
- Can hold more than one paddle board
- Great for SUPs and surfboards as well
- Made from durable materials
- Easy to fix to the boat
- Has EVA protective foam
- Compared to other products in this list, this rack is a bit pricier but well worth the investment.
Magma Products R10-625 Storage Rack
- Made from mirror-polished stainless steel
- Great for tabular railing
- Has Magma’s Pow’r Grip Technology which instantly locks to standard angle fish rod holder
- Has UV-resistant polyethylene foam pads
- It can be folded flat when not in use
- Instant toolless adjustment
- Perfect for vertical and diagonal railings
- It has four tie-down loops
If you are looking for the perfect rack for your boat, you should consider getting the Magma Products R-Series Storage Rack.
This rack is made from mirror-polished stainless steel, so it will not rust even in saltwater or when exposed to harsh weather conditions for prolonged periods.
It can be attached easily on top and side railings up to one inch thick, making it a great choice for many different types of boats, such as fishing vessels, yachts, or pontoon boats.
The Magma Products R-Series Paddle Board Boat Rail Mount comes with its Pow’r Grip Technology, which instantly locks onto standard fish rod holders at various angles, including vertical and diagonal ones, without requiring any tools at all, making this product super easy to attach anywhere your boat may have railings.
This rack features UV-resistant polyethylene foam pads to protect your boards from any scratches or dents, and it comes with four tie-down loops as well, so you can securely fasten the rack in place when not using it for storage purposes.
If you are looking for a paddleboard boat rack that will make storing your SUPs easy without taking up too much space on deck, then we highly recommend checking out this product.
- Great choice if you have limited space available on deck
- It doesn’t take long to attach anywhere on your boat, thanks to its Pow’r Grip Technology
- It can be folded flat when not being used, which makes it great for boaters who need more room during cruising
- Made of high-quality materials
- Durable than most racks
- The foam does not hold up well, especially on older models.
SurfStow Transport SUPRax 50050-2, Stand-Up Paddleboard Rack
- It comes with a unique rotating clamp that allows for easy mounting on any angled stanchions
- Made from anodized and polished 061 aluminum alloy
- It has heavy-duty shock boards
- Die-cut, heat press EVA protective foam
- Perfect for straight and angled rails
This is another great choice for paddle board racks that can hold one SUP or even two at a time. The SurfStow Transport SUPRax Paddle Board Rack is made from anodized and polished 061 aluminum alloy, so it will not rust no matter what the weather conditions may be like.
This rack also features heavy-duty shock boards, which provide maximum protection against any scratches that might affect your board’s surface, while its die-cut, heat press EVA protective foam provides extra cushioning should anything bump into it.
Another great feature of this product is the unique rotating clamp that allows you to attach it easily on top of angled stanchions making it super versatile when used in different boat situations such as fishing vessels, yachts, or even pontoon boats.
This is a great choice if you are looking for an affordable rack that can also hold two boards simultaneously and will not take up too much room on deck, so we recommend checking it out further.
- Affordable price point compared to other similar products on this list
- It comes with all hardware required for installation
- It can be mounted both vertically or horizontally
- Great product if you need extra storage space
- High-quality rack
- Easy to install on the boat
- The rubber padding may come off.
Krypt Towers SUP Rail Mounted Storage Rack for Boats
- It fits handrails, crossbars on yachts and sailboats, and stanchions
- Made from anodized 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
- Has protective EVA foam lining
- Includes two 360-degree clamps per finger
- Great for horizontal, vertical, and angled stanchions
- Has marine-grade straps
- For saltwater and freshwater, use
The Krypt Towers SUP Rail Mounted Storage Rack for Boats is another great choice for paddle board racks that can hold your board vertically or horizontally.
This rack is made from anodized 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, so it will not rust no matter the weather conditions, while its protective EVA foam lining provides extra cushioning to keep your boards safe and sound during storage periods.
The rack also features two 360-degree clamps per finger, making it super easy to attach anywhere on boat railings without any tools required for installation purposes.
This product has marine-grade straps, which make it perfect even if you are looking for a dock mount option instead of just using the tie-down loops provided by most other products in this list.
So, if you want a good quality SUP Rack that can hold your board both vertically and horizontally, this is the one you want to check out.
- Great quality product with a durable construction that will last for years
- Easy to attach anywhere on boat railings thanks to its 360-degree rotating clamps per finger and marine-grade straps provided as standard features of this rack
- It fits handrails, crossbars on yachts and sailboats, and stanchions, so it has great versatility when used in different types of boats or even dockside.
- It’s sturdy and durable.
- It only fits round tubing.
SURFSTOW 50053 SUPRAX Square Rail Pontoon Mount
- Made from anodized and polished 061 aluminum alloy
- Has EVA protective foam
- Lined with heavy-duty shock cords
- Accommodates all sizes and shapes of paddle boards
- Perfect for pontoon square railings
- Easy to install
This paddle board rack is another great product from SurfStow. Featuring a heavy-duty shock cord with a protective foam lining, this rack also has anti-abrasive properties to preserve the surface of your boards.
For extra protection against any scratches that might damage your board’s finish during installation or transportation periods on boat decks where it can bump into other objects, this product comes with EVA padding as well.
Another great feature is its ability to accommodate all sizes and shapes of paddle boards which makes it perfect if you have a few different models in your collection, so they do not take up too much room when stored between sessions.
As for installation purposes, this surfboard storage rack works just fine without the need for any tools required, so you will be able to use it right out of the box.
- It comes with quality construction that is durable and will last for years to come.
- The anti-abrasive features of this rack are great if you want to make sure your board’s finish stays perfect even after long periods of storage or transportation on boat decks where it can bump into other objects during use.
- It fits square railings, so the versatility is good here, especially when used in different types of boats, dockside, etc.
- Easy to install without any tools required for its usage purposes which makes it easy for transportability between locations depending on what type of water activities you plan on doing next time around
- It is durable
- Relatively cheaper than most options
- Some customers have complained about the rubber lining coming off.
Paddle Board Rack for Pontoon Boat
When choosing the best paddle board rack for a pontoon boat, you may want to consider a rack compatible with various board shapes and sizes. Some pontoon boat racks can be mounted at different heights to accommodate boards ranging in length from 11 feet to 14 feet, depending on the size of your pontoons.
Also, you want to choose a rack that has adjustable straps and tie-downs to secure your board or boards. The best paddle board rack for your pontoon boat should also be light enough to be handled by a single person.
You also want to buy a sturdy and durable rack. There are many different types of materials used in the construction of paddle board racks, such as aluminum and stainless steel alloy.
Aluminum is usually less expensive and lighter than stainless steel, but it may not be as sturdy or durable over time as a rack made from a stainless steel alloy.
Paddle Board Rack for Boat Rod Holders vs. Railing Attachment
Choosing between racks for boat rod holders and racks for railing attachment can sometimes be a challenge. However, there are a few key differences that you can consider.
Racks for boat rod holders typically have multiple arms, and these arms fold down when not in use to save space on the deck of your vessel.
Railing-attachment racks will usually attach directly to rails with straps or brackets. However, some models allow you to mount them above head level or below deck level.
When choosing between the two, consider your boat railings and tubings as well as the type of rod holders on your boat. For example, some versions will not work well with round rails or large-diameter tubing.
Also, some versions will be more difficult to install on a boat with many different types of railing systems.
You might want to ask around, say at your local shop boat shop or even on forums, to find out which paddle board rack works best with your particular type of boat and railings.
Tips for Choosing the Best Paddle Board Racks for Boats
- Consider durability
Choose racks made from sturdy materials such as stainless steel alloy so they can hold up well to regular use on the water.
Paddle board storage racks should be able to withstand saltwater if you plan on storing your boards in a place that is close enough for exposure to sea spray, such as near the coast or by boats docked at marinas.
2. Choose between rack types and styles depending on what kind of boat you have
If, for instance, you have a fishing boat with rod holders and a center console, you might want to consider a rack that attaches via the rod holder. Otherwise, look for models designed specifically for large-diameter tubing or round rails on your boat’s railing system.
3. Ease of installation
How easy is it to install the rack? You may want to avoid racks that require many tools or installation steps, especially if you won’t be installing the rack yourself.
Paddle board storage racks for boats should attach easily without requiring much time or effort on your part. They also shouldn’t add too many extra parts and pieces when not in use to save space.
4. Consider weight capacity
Do you have multiple paddle boards of different sizes? Is the rack going to be used to hold other equipment in addition to paddle boards? If so, you’ll want a rack that can handle the weight of your boards and gear.
Paddle board storage racks should accommodate multiple board weights and shapes if you have different types or styles of boards. You also want a rack with adjustable straps that will secure any size or shape of the board.
5. Are the tie-downs strong?
You will also want to make sure the rack has strong, sturdy tie-downs that can withstand regular use on and off the water if you plan on using it for more than just paddle boards.
6. Shock cords
A good paddle board rack must have reliable shock cords that will protect your boards from scratching or chipping if they bump against other objects as well.
Paddle board storage racks should have shock cords that are strong enough to hold your boards securely without letting them shift out of place when you’re cruising on the water, even in choppy conditions.
Choosing the best paddle board racks for your boat can be challenging. Hopefully, this guide has helped you understand the different types of racks and choose between them based on your boat, needs, and preferences. The top five picks I compiled were based on features, price, durability, and customer ratings.