Stand-up paddle boarding is gaining immense popularity among people of all ages. This has seen an increase in demand for paddle boards, and therefore, many brands are setting up shop. Two of the most notable contenders are iRocker vs Body Glove Paddle Boards.
I have had the privilege of using paddle boards from iRocker and Body Glove and in this article, I will be reviewing these two brands based on my experience with their products. I also did some research on the two companies to give you all the information you need to choose between the two.
Let’s get started.
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS – The Cruiser+ stable platform is ideal for entry level paddlers.
- PORTABLE – The convenient package simply rolls up into a backpack for easy storage and portability.
- VERSATILE – The multipurpose design is ideal for families, adventure seekers or beginner paddlers.
- DESIGN FEATURES – cargo bungee, multifunctional water bottle holder, and translucent leash.
- DURABLE – The Cruiser+ is designed for incredible stability and durability.
- NAUTICAL: This board is designed for those who want a lightweight, economical option. It provides above average maneuverability, average stability, and speed. It is a versatile board that can be used for all kinds of fun activities like paddling around the lake, doing some SUP yoga, cruising with a dog or small children, and more!
- ADJUSTABLE TRAVEL PADDLE: The Nautical ultralight 3-piece fiberglass paddle floats, weighs 32oz, adjusts 72” to 86” and breaks down to 35”. This paddle floats when connected with foam inserted into each paddle piece.
- PREMIUM BAG WITH OPTIONAL WHEEL ATTACHMENT (Not Included): Upgrade the Nautical Backpack with an optional wheel attachment! You can convert your Nautical bag into a wheeled carrying bag! The new Nautical backpack wheels are made to slide into the bottom of your Nautical backpack making transport that much easier.
- DUAL ACTION PUMP: This efficient 24” dual action single chamber hand pump comes with an integrated pressure gauge and inflates your board quickly (It takes about 7-10 minutes to inflate the board). Although if you would like a more convenient way to inflate your board, check out our optional Electric pump.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Purchase an inflatable paddle board with confidence. You’re covered on everything outside of normal wear and tear. NAUTICAL by iROCKER offers only the highest quality inflatable paddle boards constructed of the highest quality materials. We stand behind our products 100%. There is no need to worry about buying a sub par product made of low quality materials which is why you receive a 1-year warranty. You can also expect best in industry customer service from iROCKER.
iRocker vs Body Glove SUP Paddle Boards Overview
These two brands have been in business for a long time. They have, therefore, gained a lot of experience and I must say there is not much difference between their SUPs. Nevertheless, let’s see how they compare:
- Aesthetics: While this is not among the most important features to consider when getting a paddle board, I still have to mention I liked the overall design of iRocker paddle boards.
Most of their boards come in a sleek and modern design that easily appeals to the eyes. Body Glove has also done a good job in most of their boards, but iRocker takes the day here.
2. Construction and Materials: Both brands have some of the most solid paddle boards you can find in the market today. They both use military-grade PVC in most of their iSUPs but you will also find boards made from epoxy, carbon composite, and fiberglass.
3. Performance: I didn’t experience any significant difference here. However, higher-end iRocker paddle boards, especially those under the Blackfin sub-brand, feel more comfortable and stable than Body Glove’s higher-end SUPs.
I have also seen a few reviews online suggesting entry-level iRocker paddle boards may have some issues with stability.
4. Accessories: Both brands offer a variety of accessories. My iRocker SUP came with a repair kit, a fin kit, a storage bag, a leash, a high-pressure action pump, and an extendable paddle.
Body Glove also offers the same accessories, but most of iRocker’s paddle boards come with three removable fins (hence the fin kit). This is a feature I found very helpful, especially for storage purposes. The fins are easy to remove and attach.
iRocker: About the Company
Established in 2013 in Jacksonville, Florida, iRocker has seen immense growth over the last decade. The brand is one of the few ones that produce premium-quality paddle boards you can trust. They offer a wide selection of SUPs under three different sub-brands.
The entry-level sub-brand, Nautical SUP, offers a range of SUPs best suited for beginners or people on a budget, but trust me, there is nothing like “entry-level” here as regards quality and construction.
My first iRocker paddle board, an 11′ SUP came from this line and I liked everything about it. From the construction to maneuverability to stability, everything was just great.
iRocker’s mid-range line is iRocker SUP. This line has most of the company’s best-selling SUPs. The paddle boards under this range come with a double or triple layer of military-grade PVC for more durability and stability. The products under this line also come with a lot more features than those under Nautical
The brand’s premium line is Blackfin SUP. This range offers top-shelf paddleboards designed for people looking for additional features, comfort, and a little class. Paddle boards from the Blackfin line have several onboard features that take your riding adventure to the next level.
iRocker Paddle Boards: Key Features
Overall, iRocker paddle boards have some of the best features you would expect of a top-quality paddle board. Here are some of the key features the iRocker paddle boards I have used came with:
Compared to other brands, I would say iRocker is unmatched when it comes to aesthetics. This is especially the case for products under their Blackfin range. I like the sleek, modern design the brand uses in most of its SUPs. The finish of each of their paddle boards is just flawless.
Superior Quality Materials and Construction
iRocker uses double or triple PVC layers in their paddle boards, giving them a sturdy and strong finish. They also incorporate a drop-stitch construction so their SUPs can easily maintain shape. Features such as reinforced seams and built-in carbon rails also contribute to the sturdiness of the paddle boards.
Most of the paddle boards come with an extendable full carbon matte paddle. You can adjust the length of the paddle from 72-86 inches.
iRocker Paddle Boards Pros and Cons
As with any other product, iRocker paddle boards have their pros and cons. Here are some:
- Comes with multiple action mounts
- Compatible with accessories such as fishing rack mounts
- Stable and secure
- Quality materials and construction
- A 2-year warranty and money-back guarantee
- Some customers have complained about the stability of a few entry-level boards
Pricing: You can get an iRocker paddle board from $300-$1000
Who is an iRocker Paddle Board For? iRocker offers paddle boards for all skill levels and ages. Whether you prefer riding solo or with family, there is an option for you.
Body Glove: About the Company
Body Glove is definitely up there among the best brands offering water sports equipment. Founded in 1953 by brothers Bob and Bill Meistrell in Booneville, Missouri, the company has grown over the decades to become a trusted brand among outdoor enthusiasts.
I should mention that apart from paddle boards, the company produces several other gears for watersports. They offer shoes, wetsuits, swimwear, and life vests, among other products.
Over the years, Body Glove has produced a popular range of SUPs. They now have a line of up to 10 top-quality iSUP models with a wide range of features and prices. Their paddle boards range from 10′ to 15′ in size.
Most of their paddle boards come with everything you need to go straight onto the waters. You will get a 3-piece travel paddle, a hand pump, a backpack, a safety leash, a repair kit and a phone dry bag. Their SUPs are covered by a one-year warranty.
Body Glove Paddle Boards: Key Features
Here are some of the Body Glove paddle board features I liked:
Patented Multipurpose Water Bottle Holder
This is one of the unique features I liked about Body Glove boards. Not many brands incorporate a water bottle holder on their paddle boards. So while this may seem like an insignificant feature, it really makes a huge difference when it comes to comfort.
Body Glove also uses military-grade PVC on its paddle boards. Some of their top-tier paddle boards also come with triple-layer side rails and stringers for more rigidity. There are also rubber bumpers on the underside of the paddle boards’ noses for more durability.
Lightweight and Convenient
I have the Body Glove Iskiff and I must admit it is one of the lightest SUPs I have ever used. Body Glove has managed to pack several features into its paddle boards yet still maintain a great degree of lightness and convenience.
And talking about convenience, their paddle boards come with features such as the multipurpose water bottle holder, an action camera attachment, and cooler D-ring attachment points, among others.
Body Glove Paddle Boards: Pros and Cons
- Very stable, lightweight and convenient
- Comes with multiple accessories
- Multipurpose water bottle holder
- Sturdy construction
- Drop-stitch material
- 3 true tracking fin design
- Relatively more expensive than other options
Pricing: You can get a Body Glove paddle board for anything between $400 and $1000
Who is a Body Glove Paddle Board For? Body Glove offers paddle boards for all skill levels. Whether you are just starting paddle boarding or you have some experience, they have a paddle board for you.
iRocker vs Body Glove Paddle Boards: FAQs
How much weight does a Body Glove paddle board hold?
The maximum weight of a paddle board will depend on its size and material of construction. Body Glove offers paddle boards that can hold up to 320 lbs.
Do Body Glove paddles float?
Even though their paddles are made of plastic, they will often sink so you might want to be careful while using them.
Which is better: iRocker Or Body Glove Paddle Boards?
Choosing between the two brands will depend on your specific needs, budget, and features you are looking for, among other factors. However, both brands have some great paddle boards so you are sure to get one that meets your needs.
iRocker vs Body Glove Paddle Boards offer various unique features that will give you an amazing riding experience. Both companies produce boards for all skill levels and they both have excellent customer support. Consider the insights I gave in this review to help you choose between the two.