I am a sportsperson and love to explore new water sports. Paddle boards are all the rage right now, so I thought I would take it up too. I went to buy one for myself, but when they told me they have nothing wider than thirty inches, I had to come back empty-handed. You see, I am a big boy! These 30-inch boards won’t be enough to hold me.
So, I started looking for something in my size. Then, I found out many criteria on which paddle boards are dependent and why the owner didn’t allow me to use the other paddle boards.
Paddle boards are drawn using hands or a stick and are usually famous as stand-up paddle boards. They require good physical strength to maintain the stability of the board. Here I am presenting a few options out of which you can select the best for you.
#1 ISLE Pioneer Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
Suppose you are a big guy and also a beginner who wants to learn using a paddle board. Then you choose the Isle stand-up paddle board.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board has multiple layers of PVC, which is military-grade. The board has a weight capacity of 285 pounds. The multilayer will help the board stay stable for a long time—the front and rear bungee system will help you hold your gear. The deck is very comfortable; you can take your pets or kids with you. When you are not using the paddles, you can attach them using the straps on the board’s sides.
- Size: The Paddle board comes in a big size with a width of 34 inches, a length of 10.6 feet, and has a thickness of six inches. The board is strong enough to carry a weight of up to 285lbs on it.
- Handles: You can see three handles on the board, namely tail, nose, and grab. The handles will help you move and carry the board quickly. You can also hang the board on the docks using these handles.
- Easy to use: You need to inflate the air into the board using an electric pump or high-pressure hand pump. It takes hardly ten minutes to inflate it. After use, you can deflate the board, and it rolls up to sleeping bag size. Beginners or skilled people can easily use it. You can also use it to do yoga, activities with family, or fishing.
- Accessories: You get a coil leash, hand pump, travel bag, adjustable travel paddle when you buy this paddle board. Once you deflate it, it comes to the size of a sleeping bag. So you can easily carry in your backpacks and move anywhere.
- The board comprises multiple PVC layers; because of this polyvinyl chloride material, the layers are airtight, making the board rigid and durable for prolonged usage.
- The coil leash that comes as part of accessories is essential safety equipment as it will keep you connected to the board.
- An adjustable travel paddle is an addition because you can break into three pieces after use and easily carry it.
- According to some users, the plastic hand pump that comes with this paddle board was inconvenient to use.
#2 Run Wave Paddle Board
If you love floral patterns on your paddle board, this is your ride.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board is of PVC material. The layer has a high intensity which will help you in holding air. You have three fins on the paddle board. The material is very durable, and sees that the paddle board is lightweight and not heavy. On the paddle board, you see a beautiful and attractive lotus design.
- Size: It has a length of 10.6 feet and a width of 34 inches, giving stability when you ride the paddle board. The main and side fins will help you have stability in the water. It can hold up to 352 pounds of weight.
- Easy to use: You can inflate or deflate the board in five minutes. The instruction book which comes with the board when you buy it will help you use it. You can use the board in the lakes or the sea. The board’s surface area is 34 inches, which can accommodate a big person, men or women.
- Accessories: You get a repair kit, leash, air pump, and backpack with the paddle board. You also get an instruction guide that will help you use it.
- The three fins, one in the center and two on the sides, will help move the board with stability in a track and channel the water to prevent the board from slipping sideways.
- The paddle board can be easily inflated and deflated in five minutes. You can take the help of the instruction book that comes with it.
- You get a repair kit as part of the accessories; the kit mainly consists of PVC patches; this will help you fill any small holes on the board.
- According to some users, the paddle board is thicker in size and requires effort from you when you want to turn the board in the water.
#3 YX Inflatable Paddle board
If you are looking for a simple paddle board with a good surface area, you can buy this YX inflatable paddle board.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board is of the highest grade military material. It has good durability and is lightweight. The deck pad of the board has a cushion that will prevent any injuries during accidents. The triple laminated structure of the board will avoid any wrinkles and keeps the board bubble-free. The board has three triple bottom fins that will improve the speed.
- Size: The Paddle board has a width of 33 inches, a length of 11 feet, and a thickness of 6 inches. The paddle board can carry a weight of 380 lbs which guarantees you good stability on waters.
- Accessories: The paddle board comes with a backpack to carry things, one safety leash, and a hand pump, which will inflate the board when you want to take it on water.
- Uses: If you are a beginner or a skilled person, you can easily use it. You can use the paddle board on lakes, rivers, and also in the ocean. Anyone can use it comfortably.
- The paddle board has a triple laminated structure that will keep the board stuck tightly and won’t allow any bubble or wrinkle to rise on the board.
- The paddle board has a good weight capacity which can carry up to 380lbs weight.
- The paddle board has a deck pad with a cushion. It will keep you safe during the fall, and it will prevent any injuries.
- The paddle board does not have a strap to hold while falling in the water. A strap can help you when the board is all rolled up. It may discourage beginners from buying it.
#4 LBW Inflatable Paddle Board
If you want to take your pets or kids when you go paddling, this is the best choice.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board is of high-grade military material, and the craft is of top quality. To give you a high-pressure resistance, it has a triple laminated structure. You can see a coating that is ultraviolet ray resistant. The deck also has pads that will protect you when you fall and help you not get hurt.
- Size: The board has a wide surface area which is of 32 inches. The length of the paddle board is 10 feet, and the thickness of the board is 6 inches. The high thickness will help you to stay stable on the waters when you paddle. The board can easily carry weight up to 300 pounds.
- Accessories: You get a backpack to carry things, a hand pump to inflate the board, a safety leash, a collapsible aluminum paddle, and a bottom fin when you buy this paddle board.
- Use of fins: The triple bottom pins and the large middle pin will increase your speed when you paddle.
- The paddle board uses high-grade military material, which is very stable and helps you to stay longer in the water.
- The paddle board has a triple laminated structure that gives high resistance to the pressure and uses the board longer without damaging it.
- The board has good load capacity and can hold weight up to 300 pounds.
- The paddle board requires a check if it is inflated properly or not, which may irritate some users.
#5 ABYSUP Paddle Board
If you are a beginner and in search of a lightweight paddle board, then this is a must-buy for you:
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The board is of PVC material which is strong and has long durability. The board has an air valve system which will help you in having less leakage of air. There is also a provision to adjust the aluminum paddle’s height, which will suit most paddlers.
- Size: The board has a width of 32 inches, a height of 10.6 feet, and a thickness of 6 inches. The paddle board can carry 300 pounds, but the board’s weight is 21.5 pounds only. This paddle board is lighter than most of its competitors.
- Uses: As you can adjust the height based on necessity, it will suit most users. The width of the paddle board is 32 inches which will easily accommodate a big person or any adults.
- Accessories: When you buy the paddle board, you get a storage bag, safety leash, which is an ankle cuff, an air pump, and also an aluminum paddle. Additionally, you get a repair kit that will help you do minor repairs.
- The paddle board uses PVC material which is anti-slippery and avoids falling in the water. It provides a good grip in the foot area and helps you to enjoy surfing.
- The paddle board has a feature where you can adjust the height according to the requirement. Also, the width is good enough to carry a big adult on it.
- The paddle board has an advanced air valve that helps you to inflate the board quickly. The quick inflation valve saves you time so that you can enjoy your water session for a longer time. It also helps to avoid air leakage from the board.
- The board is thick as compared to other boards, and it is six inches in thickness. Some users may feel a little difficulty in turning the board in the water.
#6 Roc Inflatable Paddle Board
You get an offer of one year warranty with zero cost and a lightweight paddle board that is 20 percent lighter when you compare it with other paddle boards.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board is of very high-quality military material. So it is durable and lasts long. You can see that it is very light when you compare it with boards as it is only 17.5 pounds, 20 percent lighter than other paddle boards you see.
- Size: The Paddle board has a length of 10 feet and a width of 32 inches. It is 6 inches thick and promises you more stability when you paddle. You can carry a weight of 300 pounds on this paddle board.
- Accessories: You get two bags when you buy this paddle board; one is a waterproof bag which will help you keep your mobile and other necessary things and a backpack to carry additional accessories. You also get a hand pump to inflate your board. Along with this safety leash and collapsible aluminum, the paddle is an addition.
- The paddle board is 17 pounds only, making it very light in weight, and You can carry it anywhere and everywhere.
- The paddle board comes with two bags: waterproof, where you can keep the cellphones, etc., and in others, you can store items like clothes, bottles, etc.
- The paddle board uses very high-quality material, which makes it durable. Once inflated and kept on the water, the board will provide good stability to you on the water.
- You will need to inflate the paddle board every time you want to use it, and it is required to inflate the board properly, which may annoy some users. If not appropriately inflated, it will start sitting low in the water, making it difficult to turn the board.
#7 FunWater All Round Paddle Board
If you need something with a big surface area and helps you not only paddle but do yoga or enjoy your time with family, then go for this.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: The Paddle board is of high-quality PVC material. It is multilayer and has excellent strength and durability. The paddle board has three fins in it, which will increase the board’s stability in the waters.
- Size: The Paddle board has a length of 11 feet and is 33 inches wide, helping you accommodate yourself and your kid if you go paddling. It can carry a weight of 330 pounds and weighs 20.4 lbs, so it is lightweight, safe, and stable.
- Accessories: You get a waterproof bag with a paddle board in which your phone remains safe. You can click pictures of any scenery. You also get a backpack, pump, aluminum paddle, removable fins, and a coil leash.
- The board has a good load capacity. It can carry a weight of around 330lb. But, this does not make the board heavy. The weight of the board is 20.4lb only, which is easy to carry by you.
- The material used in constructing the board is flexible so that you can fold the board easily. The paddle board is durable and lasts for a long.
- The Funwater paddle board comes with many accessories like a pump, aluminum paddle, bag, etc. The bag is waterproof and gives storage space for extra clothes, phones, water bottles, etc.
- The paddle board comes with a plastic pump which is required to inflate the board. Some users might feel that the plastic pump is not of superior quality and will not be very happy.
#8 Lifetime Vista Inflatable Paddle board
If you are looking for a paddle board with bungees, fins, and a comfortable deck pad, go through these details.
Features and Benefits:
- Construction: the paddle board is of PVC material and has a d ring to attach a board leash. It also comes with bungees that will support you by holding the stuff when you paddle. The center handle will help you carry the board around, and the deck pad will help you paddle with comfort. The fins will help you move straight on flat water with stability.
- Accessories: You get a patch kit, backpack, pump to inflate air, and a fin setup when you buy the paddle board. You also get a three-piece SUP paddle and a deck pad with a texture when you buy the paddle board.
- Size: the paddle board has a length of 11 feet and a width of 33 inches. The paddle board weighs about 27 lb and carries a weight of 275 pounds.
- The paddle board has a cushioning in the area where you will keep the foot and surfer. The cushion helps you stand for a longer time and stand firmly on the board.
- The paddle board length is around 11ft which is sufficient to accommodate two people on the board easily.
- The paddle board uses PVC material. PVC is lightweight, which makes paddle boards easy to carry. PVC has good mechanical strength, high rigidity, and good resistance to temperature fluctuation, making the paddle board durable.
The paddle board needs to be inflated and deflated using a plastic pump. Some users may feel that it is a tiring process for you, especially after returning from the sea. So, it is suggestable to get a battery pump which will be more helpful.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Paddle Board For Big Guys
The length of the board is a crucial factor in the paddle board. It determines the stability of the board. A longer board increases the volume and capacity of the board. It makes the board more stable. The longer boards are faster than the shorter board, but shorter boards are easy to maneuver. So, the user needs to decide the purpose first and then go for the purchase.
Width plays a critical role in the surfer journey. A wider board will give more stability than the thin one. But, a wider board can be slower too. Width also affects the volume and weight of the board. If the width is more, then it will be heavier.
The paddle board has a different capacity to take the load. Weight capacity is an essential factor to consider while purchasing a board because it should also match its weight. If a person is heavier than the board, then it will ride on the lower water, and the surfer won’t enjoy the session.
The thickness will define the volume and weight of the board. If you are a small person, you can choose the thin board, and if you are a bulkier person, you can always choose a thicker size.
Frequently Asked Question
Is It Compulsory to Wear a Shoe on a Paddle board?
Wearing shoes is not mandatory for a user. The boards have a rubber grip on them, which gives a good balance and helps the surfer maintain stability. Also, if you fall into the ocean, the shoe will come out quickly. It is so likely that you will fall while learning to surf using the paddle board. So, in short, there is no such requirement for you to wear the shoe.
Why Are Paddle boards Expensive?
Paddle boards are fun, but the cost of the boards is very high. The paddle boards are made using better material and with the best construction methods. They can’t use the cheap material as this will not stay for longer in the water. The size of paddle boards is also bigger than others, which increases the cost of the material.